How To Use Lemon For Asthma
Asthma is among the most prevalent power respiratory issues all over the world. Usually, people who find themselves affected by asthma have delicate and swollen airways. When asthma triggers are inhaled, the airways get extra swollen constricted. This results in much less air circulation to lungs which results in coughing and shortness of breath. Certain asthma triggers are tobacco smoke, allergens, fragrance, moist air, stress, and many others.
Is Lemon Effective for Asthma?
- Lemon is wealthy in vitamin C that suppresses the manufacturing of inflammatory molecules that trigger irritation of the airways and result in an asthma assault.
- It reduces the sensitivity of the bronchioles to histamine, which constricts them when they’re uncovered to allergens within the atmosphere.
- It helps to strengthen the immune system which is crucial for stopping asthma assaults attributable to pollens, smoke, animal dander, mud mites, and viruses.
- The antiseptic and antibacterial properties of lemon juice struggle micro organism and viruses which set off asthma assaults and lung infections
How to Use Lemon for Asthma?
There are a lot of methods to make use of lemon and lemon juice to deal with asthma. It can be utilized alone or mixed with different elements to stop and cure asthma.
Lemon can be utilized in numerous types resembling concentrated lemon juice, lemon water, lemon peel as a remedy for asthma.
Process 1. Lemon Juice
- Take a tablespoon of freshly squeezed lemon juice.
- Add a pinch of salt and black pepper to it.
- Drink it earlier than every meal to get fast aid from asthma.
- Repeat it for a couple of days until the frequency of asthma assaults cut back.
- Alternatively, add lemon juice to a glass of water and drink it.
Note: Wash your mouth instantly after consuming the uncooked lemon juice as its extremely acidic nature can harm the enamel enamels.
Process 2: Lemon Peel
- Take a contemporary lemon.
- Use a grater to grate a number of the lemon peel.
- Inhale the citrusy aroma of the lemon peel to unclog the airways.
- Repeat this process everytime you really feel an upcoming asthma assault.
Note: Those who’re allergic to citrus smells shouldn’t do this treatment.
2. Lemon and Ginger Tea
The highly effective anti-inflammatory properties of ginger assist to assuage and stop the constriction of airways that causes wheezing and coughing.
- Squeeze out the juice of 1 lemon.
- Heat a cup of water and take away from the flame.
- Add the lemon juice to it.
- Peel and crush 1 inch of ginger and add it to the water.
- Cover and let it steep for 10 minutes.
- Drink this tea slowly.
- Repeat the process 1 to 2 instances day by day.
3. Honey and Lemon
The wide selection of antioxidants, nutritional vitamins, and amino acids current in honey assist to skinny the mucus and expel it from the airways.
- Heat a cup of water to lukewarm temperature and take away from the flame.
- Add 1 tablespoon every of honey and lemon juice to it.
- Drink this concoction 2 to 3 instances in a day to alleviate asthma signs.
4. Lemon and Garlic Paste
The anti-inflammatory and anti-viral properties of garlic assist to alleviate asthma in early levels.
- Crush 5 to six garlic cloves and make a paste.
- Add 1 tablespoon of lemon juice to it.
- Mix properly and gulp it down with a glass of water.
- Repeat the process 1 to 2 instances every day.
5. Lemon and Drumstick Leaves Soup
Drumstick leaves have potent anti-inflammatory results that cut back the irritation of the airways. It’s antimicrobial and antibacterial properties struggle respiratory drawback attributable to an infection.
- Wash a bunch of drumstick leaves totally and boil them in 180 ml of water for five minutes.
- Let it calm down and add 1/4th teaspoon of black pepper powder and 1 tablespoon of lemon juice to it.
- Give it a stir and drink it slowly.
- Repeat the process repeatedly.
6. Lemon and Turmeric
The sturdy anti-inflammatory and therapeutic properties of turmeric make it an efficient treatment for asthma, bronchitis, and different respiratory issues.
- Peel and crush some contemporary turmeric.
- Take 1 tablespoon of the contemporary turmeric paste and add 1 teaspoon every of honey and lemon juice to it.
- Give it a combination and eat it within the morning on an empty abdomen.
7. Lemon Juice with Radish
Radish is a pure anti-congestive agent that reduces lung congestion of eliminating phlegm from the airways. It helps to ease respiratory and heal respiratory infections that set off an asthma assault.
- Crush 5 to six slices of radish to kind a paste.
- Add 1 tablespoon of lemon juice to it and blend properly.
- Consume 1 to 2 tablespoon of this combination 2 to 3 instances a day.
8. Lemon and Licorice Tea
Licorice root is an efficient anti-inflammatory agent that soothes swollen airways and inhibits histamine launch. It additionally possesses highly effective expectorant impact that removes extra mucus from the airways.
- Heat a cup of water and take away it from the flame.
- Add 1 tablespoon of licorice root to it.
- Let it steep for 10 minutes.
- Strain the tea and add 1 tablespoon of lemon juice to it.
- Drink this tea 1 to 2 instances in a day for a couple of days.
9. Indian Gooseberry and Lemon
Just like lemon, gooseberry can be a potent supply of vitamin C that protects the lungs in opposition to free radical harm. Vitamin A in Indian Gooseberry cures respiratory tract infections.
- Take 1 tablespoon of Indian gooseberry powder or paste, 1 teaspoon of lemon juice and 1 teaspoon of honey in a bowl and blend it properly to kind a thick paste.
- You can add somewhat water to it to make it clean and lump-free.
- Consume this combination each morning to stop asthma assaults in the course of the day.
10. Safflower and Lemon
Safflower seeds work as a potent expectorant that removes extra mucus from the airways and eases respiratory. It additionally reduces spasms.
- Combine ½ tablespoon of safflower seeds powder, 1 teaspoon every of lemon juice and honey in a bowl to kind a paste.
- Add some water to skinny it if required.
- Consume it 1 to 2 instances in a day.
Note: Safflower seeds decelerate blood clotting, so individuals with the bleeding drawback ought to keep away from utilizing this treatment.
11. Lemon Essential Oil Steam
- Boil a pot of water.
- Add a couple of drops of lemon important oil to it.
- Inhale the steam to scale back the constriction of the bronchial tube.
- Repeat this treatment each time you are feeling a blockage within the airways.
Note: You may also add a couple of drops of Eucalyptus or Peppermint important oil for extra effectiveness.
Tips and Precautions:
- It is best to make use of freshly squeezed lemon juice as a result of the juice begins dropping its useful properties whether it is saved for too lengthy.
- Drinking an excessive amount of lemon water might set off heartburn or make this situation worse for those who already undergo from it.
- In uncommon circumstances, extreme lemon consumption could cause frequent urination and dehydration because of the diuretic impact of ascorbic acid.
- Though lemon is used as an asthma treatment, it will probably additionally work as an asthma set off itself. Sulfites and sulfiting brokers in lemon and lime have been discovered to set off asthma assaults in some circumstances. So, individuals allergic to citrus or lemon ought to keep away from lemons.
- Lemon or lemon juice is efficient solely in case of allergic/extrinsic asthma, it doesn’t present any impact in case of non-allergic/intrinsic asthma.
- Lemon juice is very acidic in nature and it will probably harm the enamel enamel if consumed in concentrated kind.
- The best safety measure in case of asthma is to keep away from the set off conditions resembling being round furry pets, cigarette smoke or exposing your self to extraordinarily scorching or chilly climate.
- Eat meals wealthy in nutritional vitamins C, B6 and omega-3 fatty acids to scale back the frequency of asthma assaults.
- Practice respiratory workout routines and yoga to enhance airflow and enhance the signs of asthma assaults.
Though lemon is useful for treating asthma usually, it will not be efficient for sure circumstances of asthma resembling gene-related asthma. It is best to make use of lemon juice for asthma remedy after consulting a doctor and it ought to by no means be a substitute for formal remedy.